Fit Food – Vegan Chocolate Protein Balls
Posted on 11th May 2016
Try this delicious, easy to make recipe for chocolate protein balls. Full of energy and suitable for vegetarians and vegans!
- 1 scoop of pea, soya or hemp protein powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder or raw cacao
- 3 tablespoons of tahini, or peanut butter or any of your favourite nut butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon of brown rice syrup (depending how sweet you like it)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Puffed quinoa, goji berries or any other favourite nuts or seeds to roll the balls in them
Method (1 – 5 mins):
- Mix the protein powder, chia seeds and cocoa.
- Add brown rice syrup, mix, add coconut oil, mix and then slowly add tahini or nut butter.
- Combine well together, create balls and roll them in your favourite topping.
- Keep them in the fridge and pop in your mouth whenever you need something sweet or a little pick-me-up!